Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Turn off and recharge

After all the problems with my computer a few weeks ago, I was very dismayed yesterday when I got on my computer and the screen was black. It would turn on, but the monitor would not.


I called support, and he had me remove the power cord and take out the battery pack. Then he had me press and hold the "on" button for 2 minutes. Then he had me connect the power cord back into the computer and turn it on again.



IT WORKED!

The monitor came back on.

What a relief.



So, why am I writing this?

First, so if it happens again I'll remember what to do.

Second, because while I was at yoga right after that

I had a "deep thought."

Those don't happen very often, so I have to record it.



The (layman's) explanation the support guy gave for why the computer did what it did was this:



Sometimes the circuitry gets overloaded, or just goes crazy, and there becomes a static buildup that shuts down the flow. So, if you take away all the power sources, thus giving the circuitry a rest, that it will oftentimes rejuvenate itself.



So, if I can remember right, my deep thought was something like this: "When we start to feel overwhelmed and find ourselves wanting to give up or shut down, we need to turn off all the negatives energy and 'static buildup' that accumulates in our minds and refocus our thoughts on what really matters. Taking the time to do that enables us to recharge and get going again without the static buildup that complicates our lives."



I'm not sure that makes sense now, but it did then.
Maybe it's a little too deep for me.

 

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This makes PERFECT sense and is exactly what I needed to hear. You and Pam have helped me tremendously tonight. Thanks to you and thanks your friend and mine, Pam. I am so blessed to have people like the two of you in my life.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

PS I put your message in my "All is Well" file tonight. I refer to this file and read it often. Thank you, again.

Tom Anderson said...

Good thought. However, after I read it I was so confused that my circuitry blew. JK. It was a very good metaphor.