Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I was talking

with Tiffany today, and she was telling me about some "frayed fabric rosettes" she is going to make.  Hmm, do I dare get started with another kind of flower?  I just googled them and they are really cute.  I do have a lot of cotton fabric . . .      

TIffany also wondered about the bags that I mentioned in a previous blog.  They are made with place mats.  I bought these red place mats at a clearance sale for less than a dollar.  You can make them with any color or pattern of place mat.  Fold the place mat in half.  Sew about 10" of  braid on the top sides of the place mat.  Make sure the handles are the same length and placed in the same position at the top.  Sew up the sides.  You have a bag!  Of course, you don't want to forget the flowers.


P.S.  I got up on the good side of the bed this morning.

2 comments:

Misty B. said...

Really good Christmas gift idea! I'll be looking for placemats. Keep me in mind as your shopping for them also!

Tiffany said...

Super cute Mom. I definitely will add this to my project list. I made about 6 frayed rosettes last night. Very fun, but still trying to figure out the best technique. Love you!