Crinkled Oranges

Friday, August 7, 2015

It has been a day

of making connections.  A friend dropped by and we visited for an hour.  Then we went to the viewing of one of my Anderson cousins, Elaine.  (My dad was the youngest of  9 children, so many of my cousins are old enough to be my parents)

At the viewing we talked with my cousin Floyd, who is 93 years old and amazing.  Maisel and Kay (other Anderson cousins who live down the street) took us up on the offer to come to dinner with us. They just had soda because they had already eaten, but we spent a lot of time talking about memories (and bemoaning how the younger generation don't have the life skills they need).

Elaine's husband is also related on the Hall side of the family.   Something like my mother was first cousins with his parents (or something like that).  I need to double check the genealogy.

Family and friends are such an important part of life.  Having those connections makes all the difference.



 

No comments: