Crinkled Oranges

Friday, April 27, 2018

Remodeling progress . . .

First of all, I really don't like making decisions.  Really don't.  And I can be swayed so easily by other's opinions.  If they differ from mine, I find myself doubting myself and my judgment.

I'm really not that way in most areas of my life.  I'm not easily swayed in my beliefs.  Or my choices about what I feel is right or not right to do. 

But when it comes to design, or something physical that I have to live with for a long time, I am unsure.  Definitely not confident.   For that reason I have never wanted to build a home, because there would be too many decisions to make.  It is easier for me to do the best with what I have than it is make decisions about what I want.  After all, what if I regret my choices and have to live with it anyway.

So, while I'm very excited about basically getting a new kitchen, I am also overwhelmed by the decision processes.  What kind of cabinets, color of cabinets, counter tops, features, etc., etc. etc.

But here we are at this point:

Gary's very accurate rendering of the possibilities:




 Trusses for supporting the bearing wall.


Moving furniture so they can install the trusses.


Trusses installed today.



See that last picture.  I am definitely not having a desk and counter area that can become a messy place where everything gets piled up. 

I know that the solution to that probably has more to do with changing my habits than changing the kitchen design. 

But I'm working on both.

 

1 comment:

It's EXHUSTING being me..... said...

That looks SOOOOO fun to me. Sorry it is hard for you.