Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fun and more

fun, most of it in the SUN.

Jackson's team won both tournaments they were in.
And, the excellent batboys, Harrison and Hyrum, got trophies, too.


Here is Hyrum, #99, as catcher and then at bat.

Harrison at bat
 Random shots from the week.









 Gary fighting Jackson for a chance to use the mower.
He won out eventually


 

 Heading to Six Flags


Unfortunately, I got a little too much sun and got a little heat exhaustion and dehydration.  Fortunately I didn't feel the effects of it until the last couple of days, I felt badly I had to miss one of Jackson's games where he pitched the whole game with no hits.  Hyrum was a very thoughtful and good babysitter for me when I had to miss out and stay home.

Gary commented to me that he couldn't believe he had a grandson old enough to play on a regulation baseball field.  I feel the same way, not about the field, but that I have 9 grandchildren who are so individual and amazing.  It brings tears to my eyes. 

4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

What a great trip. Loved the photos. Brought back great memories of me at that age playing baseball. We are getting old!!!!

Tiffany said...

Looks like tons of fun. I'm sure Misty is missing you already! Hope you are feeling better. Talk to you soon.

Misty B. said...

It's really hard to comment cause just looking at the pics makes me tear up also! Those were some fun memories. The kids can't stop singing, "a little dab'll do ya" Dad made a lasting impression on them!

Unknown said...

I loved the pictures. I am sorry to hear that you got sick, but glad you are feeling better.