Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sick Week

If this week were to have a theme, it would be "Sick Week."   We hosted a YSA ward FHE here on Monday, and I felt fine for that.  Then Tuesday morning I woke up sick with congestion, a sore throat, and no energy.  I finally went to the Dr. on Thursday, and got some medication.

Thursday night a group of Jackson's friends were here to watch the BYU football game,   By the time it ended at about 12:30 am, Jackson had a fever of 104 and was struggling with breathing and was shuddering.  We took him to ER.  We thought he might be having a complcations of the strep he had a couple of weeks ago.  But after tests and a cat scan to make sure there was not an abscess, they determined that it must be a very strong viral infection. You can see how sick he was in this picture.



We got home about 5:30 armed with pain pills and cortisone.  He's been with us since, but is still not feeling great.   I can handle myself being sick, but it is hard to watch Jackson hurting, especially while he is so worried about keeping up with school and baseball.  Hopefully this can get better very soon.

One thing for sure, you really appreciate good health, especially when you don't have it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh no! I hate this! I don't like seeing jackson like that. I really hope he gets better soon. I'm glad you are there to take care of him.