Crinkled Oranges

Friday, November 3, 2017

I'm feeling

a loss tonight.  My friend, Lynne, passed away this evening.

Just a little over a month ago she was diagnosed with Leukemia.  She was immediately admitted to LDS Hospital and started treatment.  Early testing showed that her leukemia was slow moving and treatable, so we were all so optimistic.

She was supposed to come home earlier this week and continue chemo here in Provo, but she was having a lot of pain and so they didn't release her.  I talked with her on the phone on Tuesday, and she was still optimistic but sad she wasn't able to come home yet.   Then last night she took a turn for the worse, and she passed away tonight.

I've been her visiting teacher for about 10 years, and I always left our visits feeling nurtured and loved .  She took the responsibility of sending a weekly email with the notes from Sacrament Meeting and Relief Society and was a true believer in the importance of supporting and loving each other.

She always wrote notes of love, appreciation, and encouragement to everyone she knew.  And they were always personal and meaningful. I've tried to emulate her in that regard, but have failed miserably.  In her honor, I will do my best to follow her example.   

No comments: