Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Well, it's December 27

and I'm finally finding the time to sit down and do something besides decorate the house, entertain, and get ready for Christmas.  Well, except for the fact that since December 24 I've also read two really good books (The Secret Keeper and The Clockmaker's Daughter, by Kate Morton).

Anyway, after allowing myself that indulgence, I thought I would take some time to review the year and the REMODEL.  So, bear with me as I try to squeeze what seems like two years of living (though actually just 5 months since I last posted updates).

I left off at the end of June.  Bear in mind that at that point we were just 40 days from the main event at our house on August 10.

 July 7, 2018

A trip to American Fork to examine the rock walls that "Big Russ" from Standard Masonry Supply told Gary had been standing for so long because of "4 parts sand, 1 part cement, and a quart of glue."



July 7 - July 12 -- The painting process begins. You may have noticed the walls covered with many different color swatches.  I think I bought about 15 small cans of possible paint.  Who would think choosing a color could be so difficult.  The problem for me was that I like warm tones, but everyone else, but Lynn,  thought we should have a cool gray.  So I tried all kinds of "Greiges."  Finally, a neighbor was walking by and told me to come see a color she had used in her basement.  It was perfect!  Sherwin Williams "Ghost Pines" for the whole house.  That was decided the night before the painting was to start.




Gary's portable office finally made it outside.


Under the carport.





Our downstairs furniture out on the patio.

July 13.   Painting done.  We love it and are exhausted.


We made a lot of friends along the way.  Here is our electrician, Jimmy, and his two sons.








We sent with the same gray on the fireplace that we have on our bottom cabinets.  I have to admit that the fireplace color just had not come together for me until we replaced the two recliners and got some throws and pillows.

Our "secret" cupboard that is one of my favorite parts of the remodel.



 Changing out the light shades and going after the numerous flies we had throughout our house the whole time.




Downstairs bedroom.



Workroom


New location for the portable pantry.


July 17 - July 20 Carpet installation.  First we had them do downstairs and one of the workroom upstairs.  But then we had to play "musical chairs" with the two bedrooms as we had the carpet moved one bedroom into the workroom one night and the 2nd bedroom into the workroom the 3rd night.  






 Starting to unload the boxes from the Mini Pod.


20 days and counting . . .

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I love everything about this...can't wait to see the reveal pics!