Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I allowed myself

yesterday to grieve what might have been.  I was more emotionally spent by the whole election than I thought I would be.  I was excited about the possibility of change.  Who knows, it may not have made that much difference with Romney as president, but I was excited to see him try.  I have been disappointed in Obama as a  president and was hoping we would not have more of the same for four more years.

So, yesterday I allowed myself to be disappointed and mourn.  I slouched around all day, did as little as possible, read a lot, and ate anything I wanted.  Wow that accomplished a lot, don't you think?  It is the opposite of what would have really lifted my spirits, but sometimes I just have to rebel and be contrary.   I guess I was throwing a tantrum.   

 
But today, I'm back.  I went to Yoga and feel ambitious.  Besides, I can't stay down long when our Disney World countdown chain is this small:


3 comments:

Misty B. said...

I can totally relate! Huge let down. Just totally topped off my last couple weeks. However, I've decided to start focusing on what I'm thankful for, since 'tis the season. So...I'm thankful that in one week I'll be packed (or hopefully close to it) to leave to see you guys!

Angie Murphy said...

I like to see. (or hear) that you are throwing a tantrum. You deserve it. Can my family go in your suitcase to disney world?

Tom Anderson said...

Family is way more important than any election. Hope you have a wonderful trip.