Crinkled Oranges

Monday, April 2, 2018

General Conference Sunday



I think after years of making these "sticky buns" or "monkey bread" for General Conference mornings, that I may have it right (until next time, anyway). 

Misty called Saturday night and said she had a bone to pick with me.  I had given Jackson a copy of the recipe so he could make it with Ellie's family in Idaho Falls.  Jackson told Misty that I had said 18 rolls per pan, not 24.  That was Misty's concern.  I told her I had changed it just because I had had far too many overflowing dough incidents. 

The other thing I did differently this time is that I put the pans out in the car so they wouldn't rise quite so much overnight.  I guess that wouldn't work if it was too hot, but it worked great this time.

And another issue I have had is the butter separating from the brown sugar.  Misty said she just makes sure it is a syrupy when she takes it out of the microwave and that she stirs it until she is sure it won't separate. 

And also, I just put cover it with tin foil the whole time I cook it -- not tucked around it but just hovering over the top. 

And also, I have to remind myself to use cook-n-serve, not instant, butterscotch pudding.  And, I have been 1 1/2 timing the caramel recipe so every roll has plenty of it.

Wow, you would think this was rocket science or something.  The reason I am really doing this is because I will need to remind myself when I do it next October. 




Easter Dinner


1 comment:

It's EXHUSTING being me..... said...

You lost me when you starting talking about 18 vs. 24!!!!!