Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I stole this

excerpt from my brother, Tom's, blog:
 
"One of the main themes of the book ( "The Social Animal") is that our unconscious mind plays a much larger part in our lives than we have any idea. He compares the unconscious mind to the cake and the conscious to the icing on the cake. Our decisions, values, judgments, etc are mostly formed in the unconscious mind. The conscious mind just gives it a voice so to speak."  

I can relate to cake and frosting.   In fact I made 10 dozen cupcakes today, so cake and icing are very fresh on my mind.  And, I definitely like frosting the best.  So what does that mean?  That frosting represents the voice of my subconscious?  I'm going to have to think about it some more, or read the book.

I think Tom is trying to confuse me even more than I already am.

(In case someone is wondering why in the world I'm making so many cupcakes, I made two dozen for someone who ordered them and the rest are in preparation for our "Ashton Stadium of Fire") 

2 comments:

Becky said...

WHAT? Why am I always the last to know about the Ashton stadium of fire? When is it this year?

Tom Anderson said...

Eureka, Annette got it!!! It is more fun to place the icing on the cake than to bake it!!!. Annette is anything but confussed, she is dumb like a fox.