Crinkled Oranges

Friday, June 24, 2011

I've moved on.

I went to lunch with the "lunch bunch" on Thursday and I was telling them about the new fireworks restrictions.  They are all neighbors and friends and usually come to the annual fireworks show.   After I was done spouting off, one of them said, "That's the maddest I've ever seen your face."  (Maybe I was overacting a little?)  My biggest frustration was knowing that Lydia was so excited to be here for the our "Stadium of Fire." 

But, I've let it go, and don't have a mad face anymore. We do have a possible interim plan.  That is to move everything over to the grade school.  It's only a block away and in the non-restricted zone.   If that can't work, then at the very least we'll have a cupcake party and sparklers. We do have tickets to the real "Stadium of Fire" on Saturday, so at least Lydia can look forward to that. 

(Now that I've come to terms with this earth shattering problem, I think I can move on to less important matters)

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

The losing of such a fun tradition would make me "fighting mad". I don't know who I would fight but someone. I don't think it is unimportant at all.