Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm glad that

it is February.  I always seem to fall into a January slump.   It hasn't helped that it has been hazy and cold.  I haven't been going to Yoga, either, but I went today and it felt good.

One morning last week I realized just how much I needed an attitude change.  I usually get up in the morning and think about all the things I need to do and haven't done.  Or I dwell on the hard things I know friends are going through.   I let it overshadow my attitude.

On that morning, as I checked facebook, someone had posted a picture of the beautiful snow and titled it,
"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day!"   I want to approach each day with that kind of attitude.  To find joy in what I can do, for myself or others, and not what I can't do.   It is really just a matter of habit.

So before I get out of bed each morning, I'm saying, "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day." It makes a difference.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's a good reminder. I've been in a winter slump too. Love you!

Tom Anderson said...

Good idea Just read book about dinner party. Reading that will make anyone grateful.