Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thursday I went

with my friend Dianne to celebrate her birthday (which was in September).   We went to See's candy, Tai Pan Trading, and Jamba Juice.   We always have lots to catch up on and have lots of fun.

At Tai Pan we were looking at a 75% off discounted Christmas votive holder.  I was only slightly considering it until Dianne mentioned that it would be great for cupcakes.  That was the clincher for me.  Here it is with strawberry cupcakes (the ones made with baking powder).   It fits right into my decor.


And here are some adorable cupcake chocolates that Dianne gave me.   Chocolate doesn't usually last too long around me, but these are almost too cute to eat.     


 

Note that I said "Almost" too cute to eat.

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Your cupcakes are so good you should start a business, call it the cupcake lady, and drive around in a truck with music blasting--at least in the good weather. Strawberry is my favorite one of yours.

nanabarbar said...

Tom, my husbands father was out of work for a time in CA. & the only job he could get was driving the ice cream truck!!! He had a Degree from USU, was an Educated & sweet man that felt he had failed because here he was in this noisy truck selling ice cream!
His son Ron on the other hand was the hit of the neighborhood! His Dad delivered great treats while their dads just went into an office!
Isn't life like that? Perception!
I just saw a quote that said...
"You can't buy happiness but you can buy ice cream & isn't that the same thing?
Dad got another good job, he finally retired & EVERY time they came to visit he would disappear & come back with a copy of the news paper, the car washed & some outrageously good ( usually Chocolate) ice cream!!!