Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'm feeling very proud of my grandson, Jackson,

right now. And my heart is feeling very tender.

We were able to facetime with the family in Missouri tonight as they gathered for Jackson to open his mission call.  We all made predictions on where he would be called (I said San Diego), but none of us were right.

We were almost in shock when he read that he was being called to the "Salt Lake City Mission."  

Wow!!!  I never imagined he would be so close.  It makes my heart feel tender to know he will be serving here.  

It will be an amazing experience for him, as the Salt Lake mission is one of the strongest in the Church.  He will also make be able to continue his associations with those he serves when he plays BYU baseball here for four years.  

And, I can make cookies or cinnamon rolls for him one day and they would be there the next.

This is amazing.   I love this boy so much.  

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I think we're all starting to come out of our shock. And now we're just really excited. We're learning more and more why this is just the best fit for Jackson. Heavenly Father really does know us! He'll take good care of Jackson and so will Grandma Ashton!