Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, April 3, 2014

It was nice to have a

day off from going into work today.  I had a lot of housework to catch up on.  Three of Margie and Lance's granddaughters are coming up for conference and are going to spend 2 nights here and Tom and Lynn are coming in on Tuesday.  So of course, I did my usual frantic catch up.

As I was sweeping, I thought about how much I love the broom Charlene gave me.  It is hand made with a branch for the handle.  I admired hers at Thanksgiving and I became a happy recipient of one.   I think of her every time I use it.


Then I was putting together the Bunny Hollow basket and admired once again the beautiful cones that my friend Barbara made.  Here are three of the twelve she made.  Each have amazing details, and are filled with cloths and toiletries.









3 comments:

nanabarbar said...

Cool broom Annette! I'm glad you have day off! Ha! Off running up to "work" but if your using your broom you are probably still WORKING!!!
I'm so glad you are able to use the
cones!
Enjoy your company & tell them all hi for me!

Unknown said...

I will give Barbara a broom if she will give me some cones :P

Tom Anderson said...

Hmmm. Let me see--- a correlation between thinking of Charlene each time you see a broom!!!