Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Our last night in Missouri

I was sitting in Misty's living room looking at one of Dad's paintings on her wall.   I thought of how Dad could have imagined that one of his paintings would be hanging in a grandchild's home in Missouri.   Kind of a random thought, but it is interesting to think of how we never know what life will bring.  I wonder where something I made will end up in 25 years?  

Misty said she likes to switch paintings out, so she got up and made the changer.  To honor the occasion, she also wore one of grandma's MuMu's while she did it.



We saw Lydia play basketball and Harrison play baseball.







Unfortunately, Jackson's game got rained out and Hyrum didn't have any that week. So, we went bowling.when the games got rained out.



 




Of course it wouldn't be a trip if we didn't go to Costco.



It's always beautiful on the farm and the weather was so mild.

 

Misty's garden looks so beautiful.  I think the hard earned rocks make it especially beautiful. (Remember the stuck in the middle of the creek story?  Fun at the Creek -- 2011 )


Always a game going on . . .



Marshall entertaining us on our final night.



Misty said that when they got home from taking us to the airport, they were all just relaxing and Marshall came in and said,

 "I thought we got to keep Grandma Ashton this time."  

So cute.  He doesn't quite understand the whole time/distance concept.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marshall's comment is priceless. What a wonderful trip!!!

nanabarbar said...

Do you remember the rock "wall" Jackson built for me???!!! If my phone with those pictures had not been "lifted"!!! I'd post it on your blog!
Misty & Dans home & farm look so beautiful! I can't wait to come & stay when we all get "called" east!!!