Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 1, 2016

New Resolve


for the Christmas Season.
Luke Chapter 10:
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Of all the people in the scriptures, Martha is the one I identify with more than any other.  I am definitely a Martha. No doubt about it.

That is not inherently bad, and I find joy in doing "Martha" things.   But I know I usually do them in excess and at the expense of the "more needful things."

So I have a new resolve.  I've been interested to check out the new initiative that the Church has put out for this Christmas season.    https://www.mormon.org/

LIGHTtheWORLD Since a new star first appeared above Bethlehem, Christmas has been a season of light, reminding us that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. Together, we can celebrate His birth by making the world a brighter place. All we have to do is follow Him—His life, His example, and His teachings. In doing so, we can help #LIGHTtheWORLD.

I'm excited about this, and a little hesitant, too.  I really haven't looked at what each day is, and I hope I can fulfill them.   Every day leading up to Christmas there will be daily inspiration and suggestions of how to Light up the World.

Here is tomorrows, or I guess it is actually today's since it is past midnight.

Dec 1:  Jesus lifted other's burdens, and so can you.



















No comments: