Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 24, 2017

I was reading a blog on

lds.org.  

Parts of it resonated with me.    

I tend to get overwhelmed by problems, mine or others.  It is a helpless feeling to watch others suffer, and I wonder how they stay strong and keep going.  I become "self-absorbed" in my own inadequacies and often want to retreat and become aloof -- that way I don't have to deal with it. 

This quote inspires me.  It is a good reminder that whether what you do makes a difference or not, it is not wasted.  We just need to love. 
"We’re so blessed to know that we’re here for a purpose. We didn’t come here to learn how to love ourselves. That we already know how to do. Whether I’m self-loving or self-loathing (it’s the opposite ends of the same stick, which is self-absorption), we really came here to learn how to love others. And nothing needs to ever be wasted. Everything is for our experience."

No comments: