Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 31, 2017

New Cooking Challenge

When I got married in the 70s, pressure cooking was kind of a big thing.  In fact, I seem to remember that I had a stove top pressure cooker, but rarely used it because I was always nervous about it exploding.     

When Tiffany was here, she decided that for her birthday she wanted one of the Instant Pots (a combination slow and pressure cooker).   As I was looking at it, I decided I wanted to try cooking with it, too, as I've kind of gotten in a rut with my meal planning and cooking.   In fact, the rut I've gotten into is not cooking hardly at all.  

I'm still a little nervous, but these new electric pressure cookers are supposedly fool proof (we'll see).  
Anyway, I'm going to try out different recipes and report on my adventures.  That way I feel more of a commitment to use it, and try different things.  


Wish me luck!

No comments: