Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Grateful to be a mother,

and grateful for the mothers in my life.   It's been a wonderful day, with Natalie, Trent, and Gary in the kitchen making a wonderful dinner/breakfast and getting sweet messages from the kids and grandkids.





Right after church we went to Gary and Lynn's, and Natalie sang for Gary.

I did a lot of crying, both listening to Natalie sing sentimental and beautiful songs and seeing Gary so weak.  Yesterday when I delivered the latest version of the history to him, I was feeling encouraged. Today, I'm not.  Through it all he is being so positive.  When I asked if he was too tired to hear any more, he said he never gets tired of hearing Natalie sing, but he is very agitated and was hurting today.

Lynn is amazing through it all.  She has been a caretaker for Chuck and Christine and her brother, Charlie, who had cerebral palsy.  I have been so blessed by Gary and Lynn in my life.  By their examples and by their love.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you have been a caregiver for Mom and Dad and you have done so much for Gary. They have all been lucky to have you in their lives as have I. Love you sister.