Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I just watched Music and the Spoken Word

The message is Happiness:  Treasuring the moments of happiness.  Small moments add up to be great treasures.  Happiness is right there in front of you, inside of you in little ways, little moments, little pieces of happiness.

While working with Gary on his history, as we would go back over it, he recognized that he used the word "enjoy" a lot.  He would say that he uses it too much, and would want to rephrase it.   I looked at it as a compliment to him that he did find joy in many, many things.

After the funeral and luncheon at Gary and Lynn's house, we girls went to get pedicures.  Then we all went down to Riverwoods shopping area.  We went in a few of the shops, as Tiffany was looking for a dress for Eliza, but we browsed through the others. Then we ate pizza at Milawi's.


While we were there, I kept thinking to myself that this is the kind of evening that Gary would enjoy, and it made me happy.  He and Lynn have always found great pleasure in enjoying the atmosphere of places and people, no matter where they were.

So, every time I am "enjoying" my experiences, whatever they may be, I will think of Gary --and find joy in what I am blessed to have.

No comments: