Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 28, 2017

Jackson


Finally!  Jackson's birthday was a month ago and Lucienne's is tomorrow, so I finally sat down to decipher my cryptic notes from their interviews in December.  I didn't write down the questions, but had the great idea to take pictures of the questions and number them.  I can't even explain how confusing it has been.  I will definitely take a different route next year.

So, I just told Jackson that I was finally doing his interview, a month later, and he said, "It's OK, grandma, I still love you."   Sweet boy -- or should I say 21 year old man?

So, here is the interview as far as it is translated correctly:




What do you think you will be doing in 5 years?  I’ll be married, finished with college with a business degree.


If you were cooking your dream dinner for your family, what would it be?  Grill Rib-eye steak with BBQ baked bean, mashed potatoes and gravy, and grilled vegetables.

When you open your eyes in the morning, what is the 1st thing you think about?  Usually on a regular day, I would think what my schedule is.  Ask do I really have to get up right now or can I mosey around.


What is something new you learned this week?   Trying to learn patience and love.


Would you rather win an Academy Award, an Olympic medal, or the Nobel Peace Prize?  Olympic Medal for baseball.

Who do you think has it easier, girls or boys?   Boys.  There was a family on my mission who had 19 kids.
What is your fondest memory of a family summer vacation?   Camping all around the South, having pine cone wars.  

What is something that has been impactful to you this year?  Finishing my mission.  It has been a major transition adjusting from being a missionary.  I’ve had a mixture of emotions, but I’m getting the hang of it.

What is your favorite smell in the whole world?  Gooey Butter cake, Carly makes it

What is your favorite time of the day?  About 9 pm everything is getting started (He's on a bit different schedule than me and his grandpa)

If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?  Buy favorite Ferrari, buy a house, invest the rest.
What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you this week?  Grandma and Grandpa allowed us to run the house and not complain, other than about the toilet.  

What is prejudice and have you ever encountered it?  I’ve just heard about segregation.  But have experienced pre-judgment in high school for being a Mormon.

If you could skip school or work for one day how would you spend your free time?   If I was home, I would four wheel and shoot guns.

Which historical figure would you want to meet?  Hitler, because he was such a sick man.  Bob Gibson, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.   Joseph Smith, prophet for LDS church.

What class would you like to take in school that is not offered?  Skeet Shooting

What could you sell if you created a family business together?  Lumber

Who in your family do you most resemble?  Physically - Hyrum.  Personality wise – Everyone says I resemble mom, but I say Marshall.

Jackson on December 30, 2016

Jackson modeling his new work attire for Brick Oven last week.  He's not loving the fashion statement, however.





 Right now I'm listening to Jackson sing along with music as he gets ready to go into work for the first day.  It is so fun having him stay here with us while he waits for his apartment to be available.  

Love you Jackson!






No comments: