Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 5, 2019

#Light the World

It feels so appropriate to be blogging about #Light the World when what I have truly felt lacking in my life is light - feeling it and sharing it.  The last two days were not much of a stretch for me, but it was great to know I could do it. 


Yesterday's prompt was, "Give blood today.  Not able to donate?  Text alt for another idea."  The next prompt was, "Donate items to your local secondhand store or charity or give them to someone in need."  I briefly wondered if that prompt was sent personally for me because somehow "they" saw the disarray in my "deep."  But when Misty called and we were talking, she said her alternative was the same, so I was relieved it wasn't personal 😀.  I planned to go down and sort through items, but the installer for our shower was here all afternoon and I didn't feel like I could be going up and down all day.  (Or at least that's what I told myself).  However, I already had some items in the back of my car, so when Gary got home we went and dropped them off.  Here's a photo to prove it!




Today's prompt was to "Eat lunch with someone new at school or work."  Well, I'm not in school or at work, but I had been invited to a luncheon by a friend, so I knew I would be sitting with people I didn't know well.  As it turned out, I was sitting by ladies I had never met before.  And they were delightful, and they were full of light.   One was a beautiful woman of 50 who was there with her daughter.  As I talked with her, I found that her husband had died in a plane crash 7 years ago, and she was left a widow with 5 children.  Her daughter that was with her had just gotten married a year before, and it was sweet to watch her with her daughter and to observe their relationship.  When we left, we shared a hug, and I learned a lot from her about how to reach out to people and relate to them.

1 comment: