Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Favorite Places

I was sitting in the sunroom tonight thinking about a talk I have to give and going through some personal papers (trying to get inspiration and ideas about what to say).  The sunroom is definitely my favorite room in the house.  I actually spend a very small percentage of my time in there, but maybe that is why I like it so much.  It is more like a retreat. 


This is not a Better Homes and Garden shot, and the best view is looking into the back yard, but this is what I saw as I sat there.   It makes me feel happy and peaceful. 

The last two days have been wonderful.  We got all the products entered in the website, so now I am back to spending less time, and I feel much less pressure.  It is also perfect timing, as Lydia (our 14 year old) is coming in on Monday for a week.  I told her a few weeks ago that I as worried she would be bored, and her response was, "You and grandpa are never boring."  (Very sweet, but if she only knew!)  We are excited to have her come.  

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I love that room also. Have fun with Lydia.

Angie Murphy said...

If you get bored with Lydia (and I'm sure you won't), bring her up here and we'll go boating. Glad your work ended just in time.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Lydia is only 13ys old but looks 16:) She is trying to grow up too fast, see if you can slow her down a little.
Dan B