Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Here was Gary

getting ready for his first online course to become a drivers ed teacher.  I wasn't quite sure about the whole process until I saw the first book he had to read.  Now I'm all for it!


In case you can't read it, the title is "Ten Habits Keep the Monster Caged."  Lydia and I have been the recipients of hearing about all of his new-found driving and safety techniques.   Like buckling your seat belt the moment you sit in the car.   Novel idea, don't you think?

When we picked Lydia up from the airport, we had a plan that I would watch for Lydia and stand up when I saw her.  Then Gary would know to come out from his hiding place around the corner and get her with a banana whacker.  The only problem was, I didn't see her (I think in my mind that I am still looking for this little girl), and she saw Gary before she saw me.  We decided that Gary is not a very good "lurker" and I'm a little out of it.

Here she is in front or her snack bar.  She can't believe she doesn't have to hide the Doritos from her brothers. 

 She gets to pop a "Christmas Cracker" every morning for an (exciting?) prize.

We did the big Kahuna shaved ice.  We didn't think we could eat the whole thing, but we did.


 

She was sweet enough to come to our garden party Relief Society.  She looks so cute in the hat that was my great-great aunts.  





4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Love it. Hope you have a great time with her. Gary used to be a "lurker" when you were young I guess he has lost his touch.

Tiffany said...

I'm already jealous of the fun you are having! I better not show this post to my kids or they'll be insanely jealous! Enjoy every minute Lyd!

Misty B. said...

It goes without saying that she's being spoiled! (hopefully not rotten). And I did question the idea of Dad teaching drivers ed...I'd love to be a fly in the car the first time a kid grinds his tires on the curb to parallel park. He use to love it when I did that!

Unknown said...

Lydia is so big and beautiful. What fun you must be having. I will be sure to stay out of Utah County when Gary is teaching driver's ed.