Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A few months

ago we had a class on ways of making your scripture study more meaningful.  It was a very inspirational meeting, where many different women shared things they did to gain the most from scipture and inspirational study.  There were a couple of women who read the scriptures in different languages, so it becomes more fresh to them.  Amazing, but definitely not me.   Others study by topic.  Many have journals where they write down their thoughts.  Some memorize scriptures while riding in the car.  One has a book where she makes tabs for different subjects and then writes her notes and feelings as well as pastes little quotes or thoughts she has gotten about that subject.   

As I was talking with a friend I visit teach, that is the one that sounded most interesting to her, and I told her I would experiment with making one.   Here are books made today.



Inside are little pockets for putting slips of paper and such in that you collect and want to paste in a certain topic.  I haven't made the tabs yet, because I don't know what topics to study first.  






One could pose the question, "Wouldn't your time be better spent just reading the scriptures and jotting down thoughts in one of the many little notebooks you already have?" 

But, I won't pose that question, as I know it is never a good idea to ask a question you already know the answer to! 

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

I want to be the first to put my order in! I want one just like the one in the pic!