Crinkled Oranges

Monday, February 16, 2015

I've been wanting

to get down to see my cousin, Dianne, every since they moved.   Gary and Lynn drove down to Nephi with us to visit her and her husband, Tom.  Tom has had a series of strokes and is pretty much immobile now.  While he is very aware, he can't talk much.   They are such good people and have had so many hardships in life.  Two of their sons were killed in an automobile accident about 20 years ago.

Now they are facing life decisions that are so difficult.  Dianne is so sentimental, and as we sat and visited, she pointed out how the lap trays we were using had been her mom and dads.  Then as we were leaving, she pointed out the porch swing that had been at my grandparent's home.   In my grandma's history, she said said "if that swing could talk, it would have lots of stories to tell."   What she was referring to was that it had survived all of the romances of her 5 daughters.


 

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

So sorry to hear this. Please give my best wishes. I have read all your past posts. Thanks for doing that. I need to be better.