Crinkled Oranges

Monday, May 2, 2016

So far the

new calling Gary has is keeping us pretty busy. Tonight the bishopric put on a BBQ up in the commons of Heritage Halls.  Last Monday it was an ice cream social.   Every Sunday evening there is the prayer meeting and devotional.  During the spring term there are only 92 students, so it is a little easier to manage, but they have to make the callings very quickly because the term is only 7 weeks.

I am totally in awe of how amazing these young people are.   I'm trying to learn names, but I don't know if I'll manage it during this short of time.   It is actually kind of exhausting being so social!  I just need to forget myself and focus on how I can lift and help them.    

Jackson has been serving in Young Single Adult wards for most of his mission.  He mentioned today in his email that it will be very strange to go from being a missionary in the wards to being a student. I'm sure it will be, but I can definitely picture him fitting right in with the energetic and enthusiastic students that are in our student ward.












 

No comments: