Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Throwback Tuesday and Thursdays

I've always liked the "throwback" trend of showing old pictures with social media, but I've never been organized with it.  Since I've been scanning in Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding anniversary book, I now have a readily available resource.

My brother, Gary, compiled this book in honor of their 50th wedding anniversary.  It also happened to be the year that Life Magazine was celebrating their 50th anniversary, so Gary incorporated the happenings of the world with the happening is their lives.  It is a priceless record.  After Mom and Dad had passed away I made copies of the book for each of us siblings and gave Gary and Lynn the original.

I've been scanning in the originals, but am also very glad that I have the original copies I made so I could also scan those in.  The whole push to use acid free adhesive (which wasn't even thought about in 1986) is manifesting itself with the original copies.  As I've taken the pages from the plastic covers, the items have fallen out and you can also see the glue through the magazine pictures.

Here is the introduction written by Gary:



I'm excited to record this digitally, so it is available to all of their descendants.

No comments: