Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Have you noticed

that we live our lives around time?

What time is it?
Time to get up,
Time to take care of the kids.
Time to work.
Oh, Heaven, forbid.
Put things in their place,
No time to search.
Time to fix dinner.
Hurry to church.

Time is the essence
Of our existence.
Twelve years with friends.
Kept through our persistence.

Luncheon each month.
Has kept us all near,
Let's have a Merry Christmas,
And another good Year."

That is poem written by and Maisel about this group of ladies who have been called the "lunch bunch."  We meet monthly at a restaurant for lunch, though today it was at Helen's house.  I love these ladies.





I had volunteered to have it here at our house, but then Helen wanted to do it. I am so glad she did! I barely had time to get my cupcakes together and get over there. 

I

I've had work every day this week.  Which is a curse and a blessing.  A curse because I have so many projects I want to get done.  A blessing because it will help me pay for all the projects I want to get done. 

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

She's back to her cupcakes again. They look soooo good.