Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A very sick

feeling,
but also a feeling of gratitude.
Misty and Dan headed home today.
She kept us informed with texts as they went through various places.
All was well until we got one that said they were in an accident
And the car was totaled.
It was one of those heart dropping moments.
Tiffany quickly texted back and asked if they were all OK.
She texted back, "yes."
My first thought is to get in the car to go get them and give them our Suburban.
Since they are in Rifle, Colorado, that was really not a good option.
So as of now, two hours later, they are sitting in the cab of a diesel
waiting for a ride into town.
We've made a hotel reservation for them and lined up a rental car to get home.
They did not need this at this point in their lives.
But it is definitely a time to count our blessings.
All seven of them.

4 comments:

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

oh my goodness! Im so glad they were ok. I hope they get to their hotel very soon. I was in just a tiny accident with my 3 girls today too. This weather is not fun. Lots of prayers going to your family!

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-
That made my heart sink. I hope they are doing okay and that the rest of their travels are safe. Send them our best.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I am so glad they are okay, but you are right they do not need this. Keep us posted!!!

Tom Anderson said...

I am so happy they are all ok. All the rest will work itself out, sad as it is right now. From what you said, it could have been much worse. You are right, count all 7 of your blessings. Sorry to hear about this sad event. Thoughts and prayers are with you and them.