Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 20, 2012

Blog Diet

I've been on a diet lately.  Not a food diet, unless you consider eating out every night and having fun partying, as a diet.  Nope, that certainly isn't the case. 

It has been a blogging diet, meaning I've greatly reduced my blogging entries.  In fact, while I've been dieting I've also been training for a marathon -- to set a record of how far I could go between blog posts.  I've done really well with both, obviously!

But, it's time to get back in the habit.  When I was blogging every day for a year, I found myself being more mentally aware of what I was feeling, of what was going on around me, and of the things in life I appreciated and found humorous.  I knew I had to write about something, so it made me think more.  I don't want to feel that pressure again, but I do want to touch base with myself, and those I love, more often than I have been. 

I have so much to catch up on, but that in itself becomes an obstacle to blogging.  It feels overwhelming.  So, I won't play catch up.  I'll just try to remember some of the feelings, memories, and thoughts I've had this last month as I've been with children, grandchildren, and siblings.  I'll post some of them in entries to come.

So, I'm officially off my blogging diet.  

Now, if I could just stick to diets (of the food kind) as well as I have this one . . .
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed your blog!!!!

Misty B. said...

welcome back! (Speaking from someone who hasn't blogged in 2 years)

Angie Murphy said...

I am so glad you're back. I check your blog everyday and always hope there is something there..........

Tom Anderson said...

Nice to have you back. Look forward to reading your blog.