Crinkled Oranges

Friday, August 31, 2012

It's been quite

a few years since I've seen Gary on the sidelines of a football field.

In high school I could always spot him on the sidelines (from a long line of players) by his skinny calves and because he would always stand with his legs and feet crossed.   When I watched him at Snow College and Southern Utah State College, I could find him on the sidelines because of the same stance.   I don't think that's the reason he was nicknamed "crazy legs" in high school,  but it was always an identifying factor for me in the stands.

Later, as he was coaching at Provo High, I would still see him standing that way.   I didn't capture him doing that yesterday at Timpview's sophomore game (wearing the brimmed hat).


But for sure he still has the skinny calves (though you can't see them in this picture).   
 
Maybe I'm just jealous.  I would like his skinny calves, and he has always said he wished he had my more rounded (Anderson style) ones.        

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

High school football games are fun, skinny calves or not.

Unknown said...

Easy for Gary to say when he doesn't have the Anderson calves. Tyson wants to come see the game when Alta plays Timpview. He wants Alta to "kick their butt." It is fun to see Gary on the sidelines again.