Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 25, 2012

This afternoon

Gary asked me if I had on a new outfit.  I told him that the top is kind of new (bought at our Heber shopping trip with the sister-in-laws),  but that I had worn it several times already.  He didn't remember noticing it before.

Then he said, "You look nice today.  I don't know why.  Well, what I meant to say was that you look extra nice today.  Because you always look nice . . ."   By that time we were both laughing.  He needed to stop while he was ahead.

But, hey, I'm not proud.  I'll take compliments anyway I can get them.  And to be honest, I don't mind that Gary doesn't notice my new clothes.   Then I can subtly slip in new ones without him noticing.  But I do appreciate being told  I look nice, even if he can't understand why.

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

You always look nice even if Gary doesn't think so.