Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another relaxing

conference weekend.   We had our traditional sticky buns, but got to share them with Justin's brother Damien, and family.  I feel very blessed by the families that both Misty and Tiffany have married into.  It has expanded our circle of people to love and be loved by.   


Natalie came over at 10 am,  and we had our second round of sticky buns with her as we watched conference.   There were many wonderful messages this time.

Yesterday, a major change was announced about the missionary program.  They have changed the age requirements.  Young men can now go on missions at 18 (as opposed to 19) and young women at 19 (as opposed to 21).  This has a great impact on so many people and the plans they have made for the future.  They don't have to go at those ages, but it is now an option. 

I haven't talked with Misty yet, but I'm wondering how Jackson is feeling about it.  He's been dedicating so much to his baseball and is in line to get scholarships.   The age change gives him different options on when he could go on a mission. 

This weekend Jackon had a game in Florida on his super league team.  He pitched a 7 inning shutout, striking out nine, giving up only 4 hits, and averaging 85 mph.   He has been so a dedicated, and I'm proud of him.  We are really, really hoping that he gets a scholarship to BYU or UVU, so we can watch him play ball here for 4 years.  That would be so wonderful and fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Jackson. I so hope he comes to BYU......... Sounds like a fun Sunday.

Misty B. said...

The age change has thrown me for a loop! Not just Jackson but it totally changes the culture of BYU. What's it going to be like living in the dorms your frosh year? I have very mixed feelings about it. And will girls marry earlier because the freshman will be dating return missionaries??? Help! I'm sure it was inspired.

Tom Anderson said...

I hope he comes to BYU also. I would love to watch him play. Just let me teach him and not his Grandpa Ashton. Conference was good. Looks like lots of fun for you and family.