Crinkled Oranges

Monday, June 24, 2013

Misty obviously

caught the significance of the photo yesterday (since we had the little misadventure a couple of years ago while collecting rocks in Missouri!)   The other important part that we got home with was the case of mustard packets that the Idiarts gave Gary for Father's day.  I think those should last Gary for about a month.

The idea to collect a few rocks on the way home came as I noticed the rocks in Tiffany's yard.  It was also a nostalgic, thought, too.   As a little girl, on our many road trips to California to visit Gary and Lynn, Dad was always stopping and picking up rocks along the roadways.  He used them decoratively in the yard and eventually built a rock fireplace in his wood shop.  This is the only picture I have of it (behind where I was showing my baby gifts and pregnancy with Misty).  


  Mom and Dad made the wood shop into a bedroom for us while we stayed there that summer.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the adventure too. Misty looks so cute!!!!!

tingey said...

I have never seen this picture....Gary my friend. How does it feel to have the best family one could ever ask for? I am proud that I have a small part with friends that know what life is all about.