Crinkled Oranges

Friday, June 10, 2016

2nd Cousins


Today we went up to Salt Lake and had lunch with our 2nd cousins, Cheryl Dee and Marcia, from California.  Our grandmothers were sisters, which made our mothers first cousins. 


The first thing both of them said to me was that they keep up with our family activities on my blog.  I told them that was a little scary.  It makes me realize that I better show a little more well rounded picture of my life -- I really do more than bake cupcakes!  They wondered if this picture would be on the blog.  Of course!

When I was growing up and the family would visit Gary and Lynn in California, we would always stop by to visit their parents, Lottie and Dee, who lived close to Gary and Lynn.  Gary even served as a counselor in a bishopric with Dee.  It so happens that I just scanned in a picture of the bishopric for Gary's history.

Dee is in the middle, Gary on the right.

 When we went down to Christine's funeral in 1993, Charlene and I stayed at Lottie and Dee's home. They were always so gracious, and I remember Lottie showing us the family history mementos they had in the guest room.

It was wonderful meeting today for lunch, and I feel blessed to share not only friendship, but also our common heritage.

No comments: