Crinkled Oranges

Monday, June 6, 2016

I've spent a

ridiculous amount of time setting up my 4th of July this year.

It all started when I saw a white cabinet at DI for $7.  I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I thought it would be fun for something.





Then, I have the red candy machine that Trent and Natalie gave me.  Perfect for the 4th of July.




Then, last week while talking with Natalie and Trent, we remembered the U.S. Postage Stamp vending machine that we've held on to for 45 years.  I pulled it out, and it makes a great 4th of July decoration.

(Explanation:  When Gary was in high school, his Mom bought 10 of these stamp machines and placed them in businesses.  Gary's job was to refill them and collect the money.   I remember going with him numerous times to the Holiday Inn and other places to do just that).




Anyway, even though I have spent a ridiculous amount of time,
 I have also had a ridiculously fun time setting everything up.  




Today we had a luncheon for the 3 ladies we visit teach, so we set up a 4th of July table.




 Last year I didn't do 4th of July at all, 

But then again, last year the sunroom was decorated like this. 




Decorating for the 4th of July is much more relaxing.



2 comments:

Misty B. said...

I love it!!! You are so amazing.

Tiffany said...

This is darling! Wish we would be there to enjoy it!