Crinkled Oranges

Friday, August 5, 2011

Hall Sisters

This last week we've been up to West Yellowstone for a Hall Family Cousin's Reunion.   Mom was one of 6 girls born to Edward Owen and Pearl Averett Hall.  One daughter, Fern, only lived for a couple of months.  The 5 sisters were always very close, and we grew up sharing many good times with our cousins.  All of the sisters and their husbands have passed away,  but only one of first cousins, Wally, has died. 

It is pretty amazing that nearly 122 years since my grandmother's birth and 50 years since her death, that 16 of  her 24 grandchildren were able to come to the reunion this year.  We range from age 76 to 50 years old.   It makes me hope that the sisters and our grandparents were able to catch a glimpse of us together, and that they feel happy we are still gathering.

Here are the 5 Hall sisters.  My mom is Charlet, the one in the middle.

   Ruth, Beth, Charlet, Ione, Merlyn

5 comments:

Misty B. said...

I love the picture of all of them together and at about the same ages. They were all beautiful women. And because I knew some of them I know the beauty was more than skin deep. Grandma, Charlet, has been such and influence for good in my life that I can still hear her voice often when I'm trying to make decisions. And I will always remember her laugh!

Tom Anderson said...

Love the photos. Brought back many good memories. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Mom was really a beautiful woman. I think at least 2 of our grandchilden look like her, an dI am so happy about that. Thanks for being there for the family Annette.

nanabarbar said...

Annette, it thrills me to know you could be with your cousins! I was so sad to miss the Grant Family Reunion in Denver just last month (Aug 2012) so I'm especially glad you could go to yours!!!! I was with you in spirit!
I love being with my cousins! It's so great to get together & remanise & catch up!!!! Lots more fun than a Christmas letter, at least mine!!! Yours seem to tell us everything & catch up on all your kidlets

nanabarbar said...

Ok so now you know how often I look at your blog! Sorry! I'm on pinterest way too much and that is all YOUR fault!
I wish my girl cousins were also YOUR girl cousins! Except then you couldn't tell my MOST EMBARASSING momentS to everyone!
Hope you get this even if it is a year late!
Love you,
Barb