Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life keeps

constantly reminding me that you can never know, from simple appearances, what a person may be going through (or has gone through) in their lives.  It is good to be reminded, as it is so easy to become judgemental, or even indifferent, to the people we associate with.    

Today in Relief Society a new neighbor told the story of her struggle with getting and overcoming her addiction to prescription pain medication.   This woman is probably one of the most out-going, friendly people I have ever met.  From the moment she moved in, she become every one's friend.  It would be easy to assume she always had that sunny-happy outlook.  Now, knowing her story, I admire her even more.  

The fact is, everyone has a story.  And, outward appearances seldom tell it.   I'm glad life keeps reminding me of that so I can try to keep learning from it.       

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

So true, each person has their own story, often not what we would think. Judgments are easy, but often wrong.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You would never be judgmental or indifferent. That just is not who you are. Case closed.