Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm reminded of the

advertisement on television that says something to the effect of,
"A body in motion tends to stay in motion, while a body at rest tends to stay at rest."

I'm living proof of that, both in the blogging arena and the physical arena.

What I'm trying to say is that blogging was easier when I did it every day.  When I was "in the groove," so to speak.  I was much more aware of my feelings, surroundings, and activities because I knew I was going to write about them.   And I was committed.

In the physical area, I have exercised only a few times all summer.  And my body feels it and looks it.  I feel sluggish and lazy and have gained weight.  I have only gone to yoga a couple of times this summer, and my joints are letting me know that they miss it.   So, I'm going to try to stay in motion.  I need it both physically and emotionally. 

Tomorrow is another day.

As for the blogging, here goes.


That is what I've been doing this week since we got back from California.


It's ridiculous, really, that it takes me so long to put something like this together.  But the thing I keep reminding myself, as I'm thinking it's silly, is that I really do enjoy the creative process.  I spent time searching for ways of making the "lollies" or pin-folded flowers.  I want to make a banner of them, and I got lots of good ideas.  I've experimented with different fonts and cricut cartridges, many of which didn't work well.   But they are things I've wanted to try.

Here's the front of the invite. 

 When Gary had the car lot (a whole 'nother story) he ordered some cards that said, "An Invitation" on the front. On the inside there was writing inviting the recipient to visit the car showroom.

I've held on to a hundred of those cards that I have no use for. So, it feels good to recycle them in a useful way.  I cut out the silhouettes on my Cricut machine. Then we'll staple the vellum over it and paste our printed invitation over the one that is there.



It feels good to be in motion again.


3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I feel the same way about staying in motion, that is one of the reasons I think retirement for me right now might not be a good idea. I hope you do not have anyone in your ward who is 113 years old or their feelings will be hurt. But, if they are that old and in a ward feelings being hurt to them probably is no big deal. Good to have you back blogging. Stay in motion.

Tiffany said...

Those turned out gorgeous Mom! Love it!

Robin said...

Annette, I think you should be on good things Utah with all your cute ideas. They have the right woman making posters that is for sure.