Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I've been watching

some of the programs commemorating the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attack on our country.  I look at the images now, and it still feels as surreal as it did when it was happening. 

But as I hear the individual stories, it is far from being surreal.  It is far too real for them.   My heart breaks as I listen to the stories of the wives and husbands who were able to have one last conversation with their spouses by cell phone.   There must be such haunting memories for those who were there.   Yet, there are so many stories of courage and kindness.  It seems that the worst actions of mankind can also bring out the very best in mankind      

1 comment:

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-
I have similar feelings about 9/11. Hearing the families stories of loss through the last 10 years is heartwrenching, yet those same stories display so much resiliancy. I'm glad you're blogging again, we missed your updates.
Angie