Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tonight I had

a dinner and planning/work meeting here for our Weekday Relief Society committee.  

I borrowed these cute little tasting dishes from my friend, Dianne.  I don't know what it is about the little glasses that appeal to us, but it must date back to our tea-party days as a little girl. 

Here are the desserts.
Layered Strawberry Shortcake
(pound cake, coconut, whipping cream, strawberries)
You can't really see the "cupcakes in a cup,"
that are under the cake dome.
But they were made with cupcakes (that kind of fell)
cut in half and layered with frosting.


Here is the first course:

Carrot and Celery in ranch dip,
Broccoli salad,
and Frozen Fruit Salad (frozen in muffin tins)


The main course was soup and bread.

We also made 80 necklaces (tutorial tomorrow), and finished most everything for the fashion show, which is next week.   

4 comments:

Becky said...

That food looks awesome. Everything IS better in a cup.

TobyBo said...

you do lovely work. I think I would feel so pampered. :)

Unknown said...

I get tired just reading you blog. I think I need to go to bed.

Tom Anderson said...

makes my mouth water. miss you