Crinkled Oranges

Friday, September 9, 2011

This morning

I got up and got right into making flower pins for a cousin's wedding.  A few hours later, I turned on the television to watch "Good Things Utah" while I finished them.  I was sure the TV was broken.  Even when I turned the volume up as high as it would go, I could only hear a little noise when I put my ear right up to it.  I tried adjusting the volume with both the remotes and checked to make sure the mute buttons weren't on.   

Finally, I thought to check my ears.  That's when I realized I hadn't put my hearing aids in.  No wonder it was so quiet in the house.  Once I put them in, I heard the TV blasting so loudly that I had to quickly turn it down. 

Can I say how grateful I am for hearing aids?  Hearing the TV is good (and I also love closed captioning), but I'm particularly grateful that I can hear the voices of the people in my life.   

No comments: