Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I am

feeling, very deeply, the loss of a very loyal and caring friend.   My friend, Jean, passed away Sunday morning.  It was very sudden, unexpected, and unexplained.   My heart is hurting for her family and for all of us who love her.  She was only 62,  She adored her children and grandchildren.  They were literally the light of her life.

Jean and I have been "partners in crime," so to speak, on countless projects, parties, and crafting classes through the years. In fact, I was last with her just two weeks ago when we went to a card making class.  I try to think back to all we talked about that night, and what I remember is very sweet.  It makes me realize how important it is to cherish each moment.   I have been so very blessed to have her as a part of my life for 40 years, and I will really miss her.

Jean was married to my brother, Tom.  Though they later divorced, we have all remained close.  We have shared the common bonds of love for my parents, of watching our children grow, and for the special relationships of the Anderson cousins.

Some people have expressed surprise when I have explained our relationship and the friendship and family ties that we have continued.  Truly, a great credit is due to Tom and his wife, Lynn (who is another very cherished friend), and to Jean and her husband, Ross.  They have been very gracious in wanting their children to feel the love that extended family ties bring.  They have done that in situations when, no doubt, it was not always comfortable.  I remember the love that was felt three years ago when we planned a family baby shower for their daughter, Stephanie.  Jean wanted to have it when Tom and Lynn were in town, so they could share in that time with Stephanie and Bryce.  Lynn and I had fun together as we decorated and made desserts, and then Jean brought in all the rest of the meal.        

My heart is with Ross, Jenni and Ryan, Jared and Sara, Stephanie and Bryce, and her adored grandchilren.  She loved you dearly.  Losing those we love, especially a parent, is so hard.  

I have no doubt that the spirit continues to live after the mortal body dies.  Frankly, I don't know how people make sense of life if they think that death ends it all.  But that knowledge doesn't stop us from feeling a great loss when our loved ones are no longer with us.   I guess that is what it is all about.   The more we feel the love, the greater we feel the loss. 

4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Very heartfelt and nice. Thanks Tom

Tiffany said...

I will miss Jean dearly. She always had a sincere interest in me and my family. She always had a smile and compliment to share. She always spoke adoringly of her children and grandchildren. My heart is saddened as well. Love, hugs and prayers to all of her family.

Misty B. said...

I'm so glad I was able to see Jean on our recent Bunny Hollow trip. She was so adoring with Steph and the girls. She will be missed!

Unknown said...

YOu were such a good friend to Jean and I know she cherished your friendship so much. I will miss her.