Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last night

we had Jean's family over for dinner, and as I told Tom on the phone, he should be very proud of his kids and grand kids.  They are wonderful people.    Here are a couple of cute pictures.  Two of Bree leading us all in "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and the other of Jared's boys with their take home treats.





It is so hard at times like this to do normal things, because life seems like it won't ever be normal again.  But, what I learned from Mom and Dad's passing, was how important it was to just keep going.  To do things you have always done.  In this case, we have always gathered together when family was in, reminisced, and enjoyed each other's company.  It was a blessing to us and Gary and Lynn to have the family over, because (besides pray for them) it is the most normal thing we can do. 

And, as I hugged the kids, I was giving them a hug for Jean, too.  I know she would do the same for me.

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks Annette for all your thoughtful and kind acts.

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

Thank you so much for you love and support. It really means the world to me and I know my mom is so happy that you and Lynn were trying to give us a sense of normalcy and love. My mom thought so highly of you and loved you so much.

tingey said...

Annette...I am so sorry for your loss. Please let Jean's family know how sorry I am that there mother and grandmother is gone...thanks