Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I love

this cookbook and website.  http://www.ourbestbites.com/

Misty and Tiffany love it, too. They've made more of the recipes than I have, but I'm always looking through it to try new things. 

Today I wanted to make some breads to our neighbor, and I tried this one.  It is a keeper.  I 3x the recipe and it made 10 dozen of these muffin sized loaves. They cooking time was about 18 minutes (for 1 ice-cream scoop of batter).



Almond Poppyseed Bread

3 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/8 c. canola oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. butter flavoring
1 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring

 GLAZE
3/4 c. white granulated sugar
1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. butter flavoring
1/2 tsp. almond flavoring


Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, and flavorings and beat for 2 minutes. Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk and then mix until just combined. Add poppyseeds and mix until just combined. Pour into prepared pans (5 mini pans or 2 regular loaf pans) and bake (35-40 minutes for mini pans, 1 hour for large pans; keep an eye on them). When done, place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.  and then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. While cooling, prepare glaze by combining all glaze ingredients. Drizzle over loaves and allow to harden.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is one I have not tried yet. But guarantee when I do I won't be six timing it! Speaking of Best Bites. . .please don't disown me, but I had to make cupcakes for Standards Night tonight and I made a good old betty crocker cake mix! BUT, I did make the whipped buttercream frosting from Best Bites. . .so I guess they were technically half homemade. That frosting is so good even I squirted in right out of the ziploc directly into my mouth (only when the kids weren't looking of course ;)).