Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Today at lunch bunch

we were talking about holiday decorations, and one of my friends mentioned that she didn't know where I stored all of them.   Kay and Maisel, my cousins, mentioned that I have a lot of storage.  They know about my "deep." 

I explained that when we moved into the house, the 4th level was unfinished.  We made half of it into a bedroom for Misty and Tiffany.  Dad built the shelves in the walk in closet and built the shelves in the storage side.  As I was describing the storage area and the custom made table in the middle, my friend asked, "How did he know what to build."

The answer was, "I told him what I wanted."  That pretty much sums it up.  We measured storage boxes and analyzed what I would be using and needing.  We bought little slide out containers and made slots for poster boards and large paper.   He made a closet area with double layers of rods. He was amazing at figuring out how to make things, often using bits and pieces of things he had around.    And, after all these years, the only thing I would change is maybe the closet area.  I tend to just stuff things in there.  The only other thing I would change is how tidy I keep it.  Yes, I know, I have that in my power to change.

I've been thinking about Dad a lot this week.  He died 19 years ago Monday.  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it feels like a lifetime ago.   On Monday Richard's granddaughter, Kylee, got married.  Kylee was just a newborn when Dad died.   Life does go on, but the memories and feeling of love are always there.   Here is a sweet picture of Richard and Kylee.



3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

lynn wishes I had Dad's talent. I love the photo of Rich and Kylie. Nice entry.

Misty B. said...

What a beautiful bride!

Tom Anderson said...

Upon further review, is that Beauty and the beast????