Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A few of the things that

I've been doing the last little while.

Meeting with Barbara and Ron in Layton to exchange our traditional (of 25 years?) Twelve Days of Christmas.




 
Hosting a Shower for Lexie Warner, our good friend Matt Warner's daughter. 
She is such a sweetheart. 
 Robin Norton (another high school friend of Matt's),
Lexie, and Me.  It was very sweet to have Robin there,too.
 
 Lexie modeling her apron
 
 I bought several (?) bags of these peppermint truffle candy's from Costco.  They are so good, in fact, that I bought a bag every time I went.  I was trying to figure out a fun way to give them, and made this candy tree.  I just rolled a sheet of 12x12 paper into a cone, covered it with two sided tape, and added the candy.   It was one of the few creative things I've done this holiday.

 
On Monday we went up to Charlene's and met Richard there.  Gary and Lynn's 50th wedding anniversary party is on the 28th of this month, and Cory (their son) wanted to get us together to give some video interviews.   It was so fun.  We just sat casually around in the living room sharing remembrance's, laughing, and telling what we appreciated about Gary and Lynn. 

I feel so blessed by the family I was born into, the family I married into, and the family we have created. 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aaaww. . .I'm getting nostalgic for Christmas at your house. . .we will miss you! I wish I was there to nibble on your truffle tree.

Tom Anderson said...

Yes, we are blessed to have the families we were born into and have created. How empty life would be without them.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your holiday fun. I agree with Tom for once.